Sunday, July 20, 2008

A few poems

This is a poem by my friend – I think it's great, but I'm not sure I understand all of it... though in poetry, isn't that the point?
Wind blows;
Melancholy wind,
Where do you go?
Who do you see,
Why do you flow?

Girl cries;
Empty girl,
Where do you sleep?
Who do you love,
Why do you keep?

Wind asks;
Curious wind,
I sleep in my darkness,
I love no true thing,
I keep as the sky falls, the breeze laughs, the sun weeps.

Girl answers;
Loneliest girl,
I go across world-breaks,
I see your life end,
I flow as the clouds sigh, your broken heart mends.

Hmm... sad, yet sweet. Bittersweet, I guess, or melancholy. I love those words – such a nice ring to them.

3 comments:

Erin said...

This poem is beautiful! Tell your friend that I LOVE it!

Cassandra said...

will do : )

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the poem either, but it is beautiful -- very melancholy.